General Plan of Activities
In order to achieve the goals expressed in its Terms of Reference, the WG
is organising concrete activities within its 4-year time plan.
Below we list our proposed activities planned up to 2012. This activity plan will be updated and augmented continuously. Remarks and proposals, including new activities, are
welcome and should be sent to the
Dissemination and interaction will be
achieved through sessions and tutorials
to be held with a range of organisations/ established meetings,
European Geosciences Union, (Vienna,
and Terrestrial Laser Scanning and geomorphology: possibilities,
problems, and solutions and
Landslides monitoring and characterization using high resolution DEM, LIDAR and other DEM techniques
International conference on
geomorphology, (Melbourne, 6-11th July): includes a Session on
Terrestrial Laser Scanning within Geomorphology and a Session on
Applied Geomorphological Mapping
RSPSoc 2009, UK (Leicester, 8-11th Sept.)
Th-1A: Close Range Morphological Measurement for the Earth Sciences 1
Th-2A: Close Range Morphological Measurement for the Earth Sciences 2
- Historic maps and imagery for modern
scientific applications, Bern (CH), October 1st - 3rd
- European Geosciences Union (EGU), General Assembly 2010, Vienna: 2-7 May. GM2.1 High definition topography - data acquisitiona and analysis. Convener: Dirk Rieke-Zapp, Co-Conveners: Alexander Reiterer , Jim Chandler.
- ISPRS Tech. Comm. V midterm symposium, Newcastle: 22-24 June, 2010: TS 16, WG V/6 - Close range morphological measurement for the earth sciences, coordinated by Simon Buckley.
- International Spatial Accuracy Research Association (ISARA) Ninth International Symposium on Spatial Accuracy Assessment in Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences, July 20-23, 2010 Leicester, UK. Nick Tate and Pete Fisher (co-Chairs), Giles Foody and Pete Atkinson (Programme Committee co-Chairs).
- American Geophysical Union (AGU), Fall Meeting 2010, San Francisco 13-17 December. EP26: Advances in Monitoring Fluvial Morphodynamics. Conveners: James Brasington, Colin Rennie and Damia Vericat.
- Association of American Geographers (AAG) conference, 12th-16th April in
Morphological measurement using close range photogrammetry and laser scanning (ISPRS V6). AAG V6 session. Chair: Professor Jim Chandler.
- European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2011 (EGU2011), 3rd-8th April 2011, Vienna, Austria.
Digital Landscapes: Acquisition (close range measurement and laser scanning) to Quantitative Interrogation. Convener: John K. Hillier Co-Conveners: Sanjeev Gupta, Lara Kalnins, David Mason, Paolo Tarolli, Paola Passalacqua, Dirk Rieke-Zapp, Balázs Székely, Bernhard Höfle, Norbert Pfeifer, Jim Chandler.
- European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2012 (EGU2012), 22nd – 27th April 2012, Vienna, Austria.
GM2.1 - High definition topography - data acquisition, modelling, interpretation. Convener: D. Rieke-Zapp Co-Conveners: A. Reiterer, J. Chandler, D. Vericat, N. Tate, D. M. Powell, J. Brasington. Call for abstracts!
- International Association for
Engineering Geology and the Environment,
(Commission C19- 3D terrestrial laser-scanning
in the geosciences)
- International Association of Geomorphologists (IAG),
- Possible links to working
groups TC VI (eLearning) and VIII.